The aim of the Department is to encourage, support and organize research and academic activities in diverse economic disciplines. Particular emphasis is placed on attracting and training young people who have a vocation for scientific research.
The Department is committed to raising the quality of its scientific research by favouring eclectic methodologies and cultural openness, interdisciplinary fertilization, and by achieving the highest standards anchored in the criteria established by the national and international scientific community.
The Department also aims to work cooperatively and resourcefully in the local community and international arena by efficiently carrying out its institutional duties for research and the education of undergraduates and postgraduates, and to build a solid foundation for forward-thinking collaboration.
- Business ethics, social enterprises and social innovation
- Decision making and economic choices
- Financial markets and economic activity
- Firm behaviour, strategic management and organization
- Household and labour economics
- Institutions, norms and economic policies
- Tourism, environment, sustainable business and consumption
Research Groups and Labs
- EMASUS – Economics, Management and Sustainable Consumption
- ECSE - Behavioural Economics and Economic Choice
- EMiL - Empirical Microeconomics Laboratory
- EIE - Economics and institutions in Europe
- FINTECH - Technological Innovation and New Business Models in the Financial Sector
- MEDIA - Multi-expert Decisions and Interactive Aggregation
- RIBES - Research and Instruments in Business Ethics and Social and Environmental Accounting
- STATA - Statistics: Theories and Applications
- STEIN - Strategy, Entrepreneurship and Innovation Lab
- CEEL - Cognitive and Experimental Economics Laboratory
- CLab - Contamination Lab
- Consumer Neuroscience Laboratory (ncLab)