Data Service Laboratory for the Social Sciences
As part of its 2022-24 Strategic Plan, the Department of Economics and Management has activated, with the contribution of the Caritro Foundation and in collaboration with the Department of Sociology and Social Research, with the School of International Studies and with the Doctoral School in Social Sciences, the Data Service Laboratory for Social Sciences (SeDaSs), on the first floor of the Department of Economics and Management. The laboratory is accessible through the UniTrento service card that can be authorized for access by the Department secretariat (SeDaSs [at] unitn.it).
The Laboratory has the ambition to become a point of reference for quantitative scientific research. The objective of the service is the empirical analysis of topics of public interest, ranging from culture to society and economy, also in the Trentino area, pooling information, even among several research groups.
The Data Service, therefore, makes it possible to improve scientific collaboration and to suggest new in-depth study paths even among several disciplines, with a positive impact on research, which will be able to increase the number and quality of publications, also with a view to participating in competitive national and international calls.
The Service also concerns teaching: the data available can be used to write a degree thesis and propose specific educational workshops on the databases available in undergraduate, master's and doctoral courses.
The University also makes other databases available to teachers and students, please check this page.
For further information, such as the rules of use, you can contact the database manager at SeDaSs [at] unitn.it or research.dem [at] unitn.it
Below is the list of active database subscriptions:
This database contains information on worldwide banks in the form of financial statements presented in a reclassified and aggregated format (global standard format), universal and standard for all countries. Also available in local format.
In particular, for each bank, the following information is available:
- List of data such as company name, registered office, national identification codes, status and specialisation.
- Balance sheet items according to the proprietary reclassified format, both in standard and detailed format. Local format available with over 60 different types of national balance sheets (for over 3,000 items, in addition to IFRS/GAAP formats) including Islamic bank formats.
- Pre-established profitability, current management and structural indicators. Possibility of creating customised indicators by combining different balance sheet items.
- Composition of the corporate bodies of the single banking institutes, main exponents of management. Indication of the date of appointment and expiry.
- For listed banks, an indication of major stock exchanges, IPO date, share value, number of shares issued and current market capitalisation.
Search filters: Over 100 search filters to identify clusters of banks on the basis of geographical, commodity, and economic-financial criteria.
This database consists of several modules that are provided to universities as a single standard package:
BANKFOCUS basic module. Balance sheet data of European and Asian banking institutions, and the main ones of the USA
BANKFOCUS INTERIM. Additional data on quarterly financial statements for listed banks
BANKFOCUS OWNERSHIP. Details on the shareholding structure and participations
A database containing economic-financial information on over 400 million joint-stock companies from all over the world and provides:
- Financial information in universal standard format for all countries
- Precalculated economic and financial indicators
- Possibility of inserting calculation formulas for customizable indicators
- Time series up to 10 years
- Shareholding and participations
- Administrators and managers
- Auditors and statutory auditors
- Complete personal data (company name, address, telephone number, email, activity description, year of incorporation, number of employees)
- Product sector (description and international codes)
- Value of the shares of companies listed on the stock exchange
It provides reliable labor market data, analysis and expert guidance that enables communities, companies and training providers to make informed decisions and navigate an increasingly complex world of work. With a database of over a billion job postings and professional profiles, our the Burning glass team provides world-class customer service with robust data, clear analytics and expert guidance on skills, jobs and opportunities.
It connects people and jobs by providing businesses, communities and educational institutions with the best possible labor market data.
More information is available on the Lightcast website.
World Robotics 2021 Industrial Robots and Service Robots
The Database allows the verification and analysis of data relating to industrial robotics.
More information is available in the flyer at the bottom of the page.
Eora Dataset (Unlimited Use, All Countries, 1990-2021, for academic use only)
The Eora Global Supply Chain Database consists of a multi-region Input-Output Table (MRIO) model that provides a time series of high-resolution IO tables.
More information is available on the dedicated page.
Passport di Euromonitor
Responsible: prof. Matteo Ploner.
The database contains data, forecasts and analyzes on different categories of consumer goods, companies, consumers and markets.
More information is available on the Euromonitor website.
Responsible: prof. Luca Erzegovesi – Fintech.
The FAST database makes analytical information available, including the content of the explanatory notes, which are present in the financial statements of Italian banks and in the consolidated financial statements and half-yearly reports of Italian banking groups. The data is available in Excel format. The Fintech research group processes these data in the Quantrix Modeler environment.
More information is available on the Fast Bilanci website.
Responsible: prof. Flavio Bazzana – Fintech.
High Frequency Trading (HFT) for public companies relating to (1) orders, (2) trades and (3) events. The data reports the entire trading book to the millisecond. All day trading is available for the following markets:
- Euronext for 2017
- LSE for 2020
- Xetra DAX for 2017
More information is available on the dedicated page.